Ultimate boost to your programming productivity!
Today is Saturday. I had a grand plan, to replace existing serial-usb cable & drivers in my project, to increase the transmission quality ( current drivers keep giving me scrambled characters when read() from the port). Alright, by the sound of it, it is already huge. And it is indeed, 200%.
Rolling up sleeves (no, not wearing long-sleeve), shooting down espresso caffeine x3 (sneaked in some milk), I’m ready to go! yeah! boom! I’m unstoppable!
Open up google, type: “serial-usb cable”, search, get the top result, then search for android drivers. Shit, it is rar, search for “unzip rar in macos”. Tab after tab, hey, wait, what is this?
Out of I-forgot-where, something caught my eye. In a splitting 0.01 second, I’ve decided this is what I want (need).
- search for “zsh git tag”
- found oh-my-zsh theme ‘agnoster’
nano ~/.zshrcto change theme, a disgusting color label with ? invalid character was displayed.
WTF? ( i meant, android way, What A Terrible Failure)
- well, search for solution, noticed that a symbol font should be installed for the character to display correctly : ‘powerline’
- search for ‘install powerline in macos’
- installed it. did not work:
raise ValueError, 'unknown locale: %s' % localename
ValueError: unknown locale: UTF-8"
- search for fix, set below:
- new error. search for solution and decided to set
- fixed everything but the color of labels is really an eye-sore
- go to the theme file
nano ~/.oh-my-zsh/themes/agnoster.zsh-themeyou can tweek the colors
- and open up terminal.app, change the color panel setting from the profile you use.
Phew! Finally! Ta-da!:
Do you feel it? you felt it? Coding productivity boooooosted x 100! Level unlocked. Skill tree lit up!
Well empty stomach calling, gotta go. But wait, I have a vague feeling that I seem to forget something, what is it?
There is always another day.
Sun rises everyday.
Rome is not built in one day.
Peace, love. ❤️
Alright, I wasn’t telling the whole story.
here it unfolds: